A 50% deposit is required to book your first session. The deposit will be applied to your session or refunded if canceled within 12 hours before the booked session time. If the deposit is not received within 24 hours of the session time, the booking may be forfeited to another client. All sessions begin from the time booked regardless if the Client is tardy.
Discounts are given for full-day bookings of 8 hours or more. These block rates can not be divided into separate sessions. The full-day must be utilized at once to retain the special block rate. A 50% down payment of the booked block session is required to reserve. If the Client is a no-show to the booked block session without notification, the deposit is forfeited and can not be returned.
Full payment is required upon completion of each session. Payment may be made by cash, verified PayPal, debit, money order, or credit card. Sorry, we do not accept personal checks, Cash App, Venmo, or other peer to peer online money transfers without a client verification process.
- Session cancellations must be made 24 hours before the booked session for no cancellation fee. The Client must notify TravSonic by one of the following: phone (888-302-6376), email, voicemail or in person.
- Sessions canceled the same day (less than 24 hours) with notification will result in a $40 cancellation fee. No future sessions may be booked until the fee is paid in full.
- No-shows to a booked session without notification will result in the session being paid in full. No future sessions can be booked until the fee is paid. If repetitive no-shows occur, the studio has the right not to offer any future bookings to the Client.
Weather conditions such as heavy rain and snow can cause unsafe driving conditions during the winter. In these circumstances, sessions may have to be postponed as Clients and employees may not be able to travel. In this case, the studio session will be postponed to another day. Your safety is important to us!
When the audio engineer is working on your project, that time is billable. This includes when you are not present. Special requests after a session booking are billable by the hour. This may include services such as doing additional requested edits, “bouncing” a rough mix, or uploading your tracks. Often the engineer can find ways to reduce the amount of billable time outside of your attended sessions, so it is a good idea to discuss this ahead of time.
• Projects quoted over $200 require a 50% down payment of the total project to reserve the service. The remaining balance is to be paid after final project approval and all assets are delivered to the Client.
• Projects $200 and below require full payment before the project can begin.
• Mobile recording, live engineering, and sound reinforcement require a deposit to reserve the service. Payments and deposits will be stated on quotes and invoices with the due date. If no deposit is made, the booking is considered not reserved with no guarantee of service. Note: Any live mobile services under $200 require full payment to reserve the service.
• Final approved projects must be paid in full before delivered to the Client unless written agreements are made between TravSonic and the Client.
All sessions begin from the time booked regardless if the Client is tardy. The engineer will be on-duty preparing for the session and the clock will start from the booked session time. Sessions can not be extended from the time booked to make up for Client tardiness.
Out of courtesy, if the Client is going to be late to a session please notify TravSonic that you are running behind. If the Client does not show to the session within the first hour and does not notify the studio, the session is considered canceled.
If needed, the Client may want to start setting up prior to your session start time. If the studio is available and the engineer is not present, there will be no charge until the engineer arrives. Please call the day before the session to determine if an early setup is possible. The clock begins when the engineer starts working with you setting up equipment, getting levels, debugging instrument problems (such as hum, buzz, etc.). When the Client indicates they are finished and the equipment is no longer in use the clock stops. (If a master is being burned, the clock continues to run until the master is finished.) Clean up is on us.
If during long sessions the Client wishes to take a meal break, the Client may do so off the clock. If the Client wants to work through the meal break to listen to the session, do edits, overdubs, etc., the clock continues to run. If the engineer encounters a technical problem, the time it takes to solve the problem is off the clock.
We do our best to be flexible. Often another session is scheduled immediately following yours and in most cases, we allow at least 1/2 hour leeway between sessions. If the Client should require a little more time, we will try to continue and ask the next scheduled appointment if they can wait. However, if this is not acceptable to them, we ask that the Client be considerate and stop the project and schedule another session accordingly. It is always a good idea to estimate the amount of time you will need and schedule accordingly.
SESSION FILE STORAGE AND BACKUP
It is the Clients’ responsibility to backup, save, and protect all session data provided after sessions. It is recommended that the Client provide their own hard drive for storage. TravSonic is not responsible for backing up, storage or loss of data after the session(s) have been transferred to the Client’s drive or CD.
Sessions will be stored on the studio archive system for 1 week. Clients can arrange long term storage backup for large projects at a small fee of $10 a month.
PARKING AND GUESTS
Our facility provides ample free private parking in front of our facility. Off-street parking is not available or permitted. If the front parking lot is full, there is additional parking in the back lot.
We try to keep sessions running smoothly. Please try to bring artists and members that are required for the session. Bringing extra guests not participating can cause distractions for the engineer and make your session less productive.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Food and beverages are permitted in the client designated areas. No food or beverages are allowed near the studio gear or recording console. A client work area lobby is provided for eating and drinking.
We try to make our clients as comfortable as possible. Smoking is not allowed in the studio or near the entrance door. An ashtray area is provided for disposing of cigarettes. Please use the ashtray and do not flick or dispose of cigarette buds in the trash cans. Help us to keep the studio clean!
We understand the need for teas and water for vocalists and artists. We provide teas and libation accommodations for our artists in the live room and vocal booths.